|To Our Valued Patients,You will be aware of the recent announcements by the NSW State Government and Federal Government that non-essential businesses are to close their doors from midday on Monday 23rd of March.Podiatry clinics have been classified as an essential service and so are not included in the mandated temporary shut down. The Federal Health Minister has specifically encouraged allied health clinics to remain open. Shellharbour Podiatry will remain open until official advice changes.|
|We have already taken a number of steps, in addition to our usual high standards of infection control, to ensure our clinic is as safe as possible for you and our staff and reduce the spread of COVID-19:|
- Only one person (children exempt) will be allowed in the waiting room at a time. If you arrive at your appointment early, please wait outside or in your car. If your spouse has accompanied you, please have them wait outside or in the car.
- All patients will be screened upon or prior to entering the clinic via a questionnaire about your recent travel history and cold/flu-like symptoms
- If you are feeling unwell at all, even if you don’t think you have COVID-19 please reschedule your appointment. No cancellation fee will be charged
- If you have had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not come to the clinic
- If you have returned from overseas, you are required to self-isolate for 14 days so please do not come to the clinic
- Everyone is required to use hand sanitiser on the way into and out of the clinic.
- You will not be asked to use a pen for signing of claiming receipts or filling out forms
- The entire treatment chair (headrest and armrests included) will be wiped down in between each and every patient with hospital grade disinfectant
- Waiting room and clinical floors are mopped with hospital grade disinfectant daily
- Reading material and toys have been removed from the waiting room due to their potential to act as a vector for virus transfer
- We ask that you use cough and sneeze etiquette, into your elbow and move into a corner if you are able to.
We hope that by implementing these measures we can limit community spread and keep everyone safe.
Thank you for your support and understanding!
– The team at Shellharbour Podiatry’